National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) offers a new payment service known as ‘AEPS – Aadhaar Enabled Payment System’, to banks and financial institutions. A bank led model which allows online financial inclusion transaction at Micro-ATM through the Business correspondent of any bank using the Aadhaar authentication.
The system is designed to handle both ONUS and OFFUS requests seamlessly in an effective way by enabling authentication gateway for all Aadhaar linked account holders.
Transactions Supported by AEPS:
- Cash Withdrawal
- Cash Deposit
- Aadhaar to Aadhaar Funds Transfer
- Balance Enquiry
Feature List of AEPS Reconciliation and Accounting System
- File Processing – Switch, CBS and NPCI Raw data file and NTSL Report
- Exceptional Transaction Handling
- TTUM Generation
- Settlement Journal Voucher Generation
- Accounting and GL Balancing
- AEPS Dispute Management
- Bank customer use Aadhaar as his/her identity to access his/ her respective Aadhaar enabled bank account and perform basic banking transactions like balance enquiry, Cash deposit, cash withdrawal, remittances that are intra-bank or interbank in nature, through a Business Correspondent.
- Financial Inclusion.
- Electronification of retail payments.
- Foundation for a full range of Aadhaar enabled Banking services.